Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Mercs & BMWs Of Common India : Dec 2008.

The Mercs & BMWs Of Common India : Dec 2008.


Today was again a chilled morning at Dive Aagar .


Early morning , I found electricity absconding . Left with no choice for me as my entire work depends on it & now lot of time was available to waste .


" Chaltaa Hai Yaar " is a great tradition of India religion . Common services like water supply , commercial electric power supply can get vanished at will of regulatory authorities . For some of my foreign friends when they were here , this tradition was a emo-cultural shock .


Without wasting time I decided to take a short walk . During the walk , I was observing many birds , animals and trees . It was a shivering cold .


I saw a bullock cart & a bicycle rider . I just aimed my Omnia and clicked . Rural India is still riding on thease affordable, energy efficient transportation resources . I ran behind the cart and asked the man for the ride in his bullock cart . He happily welcomed and offered me a seat just next to him .


We had a little conversation . It was strange , funny but nice experience . The man was driving the cart as if it was his BMW . While a home based Tea shop was passing by , he asked me , wether I would like to have tea . Which I politely refused and decided to got down , thanking him for the nice ride .


A day was to begin .

No comments: