Sunday, November 16, 2008

St. Crispin Church, Nal Stop, Erandwane, Pune. India.

Lot of time was at disposal today morning. Had a hangover of late night reading "Thomas Williamson , ( 1810 ), East India Vade-Mecum, VOL I. , London , Black, Parry, and Kingsbury".

Thought of visiting some British Constructions and admire them.

While having a cup of coffee at Hotel Samudra , Nal Stop , Church bell soothing sound at sharp 0900hrs, made me to visit the St. Crispin Church, just at walking distance of 100 mtrs.

Before I left Samudra, did some basic R&D on the church, but unfortunately couldn't gather much of infobase from the Internet.

May be, I am the first, putting picture on the web.

The place was blissful, not very silent surrounding, as huge traffic passing nearby.

Not any information writen out side was found except Archeology Department notice lying in actual dust bin.

Feached a very little information from the Internet, "Its a protestant church but every Sunday evening at 6.30pm there is roman catholic mass."

It took nearly 30 mins to observe and understand the structure of the church, I was missing my binocular.

I came out deciding to visit the church once again and very soon.



Trivia:

27 years back for 3 years, almost daily, I used to wait for bus, while returning from school, near the gate of this church, only planned, decided & set resolutions to visit it many many times then and thereafter.

Some times, some resolutions become unimportant for no reasons.

No comments: