Monday, January 14, 2008

The FoodLovia



It was mid of year 2002. On my daily route from my office to home, I started observing some painted sign boards. 'Dahi Thalipeeth', 'Pithle Bhaakri', 'Usal Poli', 'Sabudaanaa Khichadi', 'Puran Poli', 'Kacchhee Dabelee'. It tickled my taste bud and imaginations. I started wondering. Morning & evening sign boards were changed. New menu at all the times. After reading plentiful sign boards for a month or so, one fine evening I entered into a truly First Maharashtrian Café of India, Manohar Fast Food Parlor, Mehendale Garage Campus, Near Mhatre Bridge Entrance from Karve Road, Erandwane, Pune 411004. India.

I sat on the chair and observed simple but clean & fresh environment maintained around. Handwritten menu in genuine devnagri script on small stone slates was giving me hint of culture of the café.

I ordered various dishes and tasted out. I was fully satisfied. I marked & confirmed that the place is run by very authentic & genuine person.

The authentic food quality, sufficient quantity, clean, healthy, higenic, nutritious & made after order food, all the best of entire world in homely environment, I found at this one place.

In my first visit, I realized, this is the place I was looking for, since years.

Since then, my love about food has fetched me to this place many times. I have seen many TV actors & actresses, famous marathi writers, poets, film personalities hanging around .

Many new items were added to menu.

Paratha: Cheese/Aaloo/Gobi/Shengdaanaa/Corn/Paneer, Sabudaanaa Thaalipeeth, Shengdaanyaachaa Laadu, Sheeraa, Upamaa, Kaande-Pohe, Misal-Paav, Idlee-Saambhaar, Paav-Bhaajee, Vadaa-Paav, Burgers.

Many prepared vegetables in their authentic form are available. Like Metheechee Bhaajee, Aambaadi chi Bhaajee, Kaandaa-Paat Bhaajee, Bharlee-Waangee. Additionally, zunkaa bhaakree, puran-polee, taak, thechaa, kokam sarbat.

I found the menu quiet simple, attractive and rarely available at other places in the town.

Recently, every saturday for lunch; Fruit Salad has been added to the menu. I normally take 2 dishes of Fruit Salad as it gets over in very shorter time due to overwhelming response.

Mr. Makarand Daate <Age @ 45>, originally Mechanical Engineer by profession & Ms. Madhuri Daate , the couple behind this success story, are very friendly and sincere about their business.

Soon they shall be coming out with Diet Food for people like me.

I wish, they should put WorldSpace Radio Farishtaa channel up & running during their business hours. This shall add zenith to the ambience.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

khupach chan

smileawhile:) said...

Good food -mood place by the sound of it.Worldspace is welcome ani the marathi channels should do really well ..methinx.Also smart move to introduce diet food.I realy like the strategy..feed well first so they will eat well next:)