Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bhushan Shaligram : A sincere thought .

Morning I got this mail from my student-friend Bhushan , who prepared for CCNA under my guidance almost 4-5 years back . I couldn't resist myself to put his mail as it is on my blog .... his sincere thoughts .

------- Original message -------
Hello All,   First of all let me tell you this is not a forwarded email, this is a self composed sincere thought that just came in my mind after and while going through the horrendous feeling about getting infected by H1N1 (mind you only feeling, I am not infected as yet).   I am currently out sick with cold ; occasional cough, it's just a seasonal change, routine infection (which I suspect as of now) but the very condition today compels me ; my father to be extra precautious about this simple cold too. Today I was asked/requested by my colleagues in the office to retire early for home than my scheduled time, reason being my sneezing ; holding hankie ; tissue while sneezing or coughing. I was bit reluctant to leave early as the very thought of me being looked as suspect for bloody simple sneezing disturbed me. But finally I thought that I should not become a reason for any unfortunate event that no one wanted to have in the office. Nowadays all the companies, be it small or large are all equipped with Air Conditioners ; all modern unthinkable amenities, obviously all futile in front of nature. I was aware that Air Conditioner would spread the epidemic at a faster speed if I was really infected by that, so I unwillingly chose to leave office. I called the transport facility asked for the cab out of my scheduled drop, to my surprise the Cab was ready downstairs, so I immediately boarded it. The Cab driver also asked me surprisingly "Aaj Lavkar Saheb?" I firmly said yes holding the hankie tight covering my mouth ; nose, I guess that gesture was well enough for him to understand the reason behind leaving early, he too had tied his scarf around covering his mouth as these guys have to face many people daily (I appreciated the awareness/ precaution in my mind), then all the way while we had discussion about the virus spoiling the entire city ; he was heartily cursing foreigners being responsible for spreading this… I was astonished to know that he was well aware that we (Indian's) live in much better manner ; hygiene than them (Although the fact is we just see to our own hygiene, disregarding the cleanliness around us) but in way he was right as we seldom have been responsible for inventing such kind of viruses which have a serious impact on world. These kind of syndromes have always been imported without any tax/duty from foreign countries and that too free of cost!!! (Remember Russell Peters dialogue "take it and go").

I reached home two hours earlier than my stipulated time, got an expected reaction "Kay zala" aaj Lavkar kasa? I narrated the tale again ; started with the homely treatment. I took steam ; that too with eucalyptus essence, rubbed Vicks Vaporub, ate food, read newspaper, saw some news on TV (scanning through news channels showing news about this new virus), was learning about the increasing death toll ; number of people testing positive. Watched all this stuff for 15-20 minutes ; suggested myself why are you increasing your fear? Go and sleep, enjoy the early coming… I had a good sleep of entire 5 hours. Opened my eyes to see my father standing in front of me with new utensil for fresh steam, warmed myself again with the steam. My father went to chemist then ; got some pills for cold ; also bought the mask (Rs.10) which I am still wearing while writing this.   

Now, you may think why this person is bothering me by telling all this to me? What the heck can I do? Does he want me to nurse him? etc etc….   Precisely talking my intention behind this article is spreading awareness. Awareness about 'us', awareness about the way we live, awareness about the strength of nature, awareness about the fumigation/cleanliness our surroundings needs desperately, awareness about saving our next generation, awareness about threat to our existence ; for our own planet.  

Don't you think "it's time" It's really time for all of us to think ; act collectively without waiting for any administration to take charge ; make us aware or give warning like the "third ; final bell" in a stage show? There are some simple ; economical expectations from all of us as responsible citizens. You all are well aware what needs to be done, so I am not going to jot down or prepare a list for Do's ; Don'ts, it makes no sense. Just one thing- Think about saving our planet ; also think why have we landed in these circumstances that we have to think about the very existence of planet?  

Friends buckle up!!! We need to strive ; make this place a better place again for everyone to live in peace ; equality. -- RegardsBhushan


----------------------------

This MoBlog is Photographed , Composed and Published through Samsung Omnia 2 .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yaaa conclusion mentioned above is very true....we are responsibles for wat we do......so we should allways go in right directions of awareness..